Long Beach, CA – In observance of Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 4, 2023, the City of Long Beach facilities and services listed below will adhere to the following schedules.
Open on Monday, Sept. 4, during regular business hours:
- All City parks and trails (excluding El Dorado Nature Center)
- El Dorado Regional Park
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- Long Beach Airport
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina)
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Refuse and Recycling collection
- Gas Services Dispatch (562.570.2140) open 24/7 for emergency calls
- Water/Sewer Dispatch (562.570.2390) open 24/7 for emergency calls
Closed on Monday, Sept. 4:
- Billie Jean King Main Library, all branch libraries, including library offices (digital resourcesavailable 24/7)
- BizCare Hotline (562.570.4BIZ)
- Building and Safety Services, including inspections, plan reviews and Permit Center
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- City Hall
- City-operated vaccination sites for COVID-19 and mpox
- City-operated COVID-19 testing sites
- City Prosecutor’s Office
- Code Enforcement services
- COVID-19 Information Line (562.570.4636)
- Energy Resources offices
- El Dorado Nature Center (regularly closed Mondays)
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Homeless Services Outreach Line (562.570.4672)
- Housing Authority
- LB Resource Hotline (562.570.4246)
- Long Beach Airport administration offices
- Long Beach Animal Care Services and spcaLA (regularly closed Mondays)
- Long Beach Utilities offices
- Mobile Access Center
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Parks, Recreation and Marine programs, community park facilities and pools
- Public Health Information Line (562.570.7907)
- Special Events and Filming offices
- Street sweeping
- Towing and Lien Sales
- WorkPlace, Youth Opportunity Center and Pacific Gateway Administrative offices
City Hall offices and public services will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4, including commercial services typically available in the City Hall lobby such as the Permit Center (located on 2nd floor), Cashiering/Payment Processing, Utility Customer Service, Billing and Collections, and Parking Citations. The public is encouraged to continue taking advantage of the convenient online resources available on the City website, including building permit services and bill payment options.
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Monday, Sept. 4. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
Read your parking meter: Citywide parking violations, including parking meters, will be enforced on Monday, Sept. 4, unless the meter states “Exempt on Holidays.” The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Monday, Sept. 4.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations and Vehicle Storage Facility, located at 3111 E. Willow St. between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue, will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4. Normal business hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and holidays.
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
All Long Beach Public Library locations and services, including the main phone line, will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 2 and Monday, September 4. Libraries are not open Sundays per their normal schedule. Library patrons are encouraged to utilize the Library’s vast collection of digital resources, including the Library catalog, downloads, and databases, available 24/7.
By City of Long Beach