Long Beach, CA – In observance of Election Day on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023, the City of Long Beach facilities and services listed below will adhere to the following schedules. The City annually observes the first Tuesday in November as a Citywide holiday, regardless of election activity taking place in Long Beach.
Open on Tuesday, Nov. 7, during regular business hours:
- All City parks and trails
- City Prosecutor’s Office
- El Dorado Nature Center
- El Dorado Regional Park
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- Long Beach Airport
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina)
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Parks, Recreation and Marine programs, community park facilities and pools
- Refuse and Recycling collection
- Gas Services Dispatch (562.570.2140) open 24/7 for emergency calls
- Water/Sewer Dispatch (562.570.2390) open 24/7 for emergency calls
Closed on Tuesday, Nov. 7:
- Billie Jean King Main Library, all branch libraries, including library offices (digital resources available 24/7)
- BizCare Hotline (562.570.4BIZ)
- Building and Safety services, including the Permit Center, inspections and plan reviews
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- City Hall
- City-operated vaccination sites for COVID-19 and mpox
- City-operated COVID-19 testing sites
- Code Enforcement services
- COVID-19 Information Line (562.570.4636)
- Energy Resources offices
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Homeless Services Outreach Line (562.570.4672)
- Housing Authority
- LB Resource Hotline (562.570.4246)
- Long Beach Airport administration offices
- Long Beach Animal Care Services and spcaLA (regularly closed Tuesdays)
- Long Beach Utilities offices
- Mobile Access Center
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Public Health Information Line (562.570.7907)
- Special Events and Filming offices
- Street sweeping
- Towing and Lien Sales
- WorkPlace, Future LB and Pacific Gateway Administrative offices
City Hall offices and public services will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 7, including commercial services typically available at City Hall, such as the Permit Center (located on 2nd floor), Cashiering/Payment Processing, Utility Customer Service, Billing and Collections, and Parking Citations. The public is encouraged to continue taking advantage of the convenient online resources available on the City website, including building permit services and bill payment options.
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Tuesday, Nov. 7. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Wednesday, Nov. 8.
Read your parking meter: Citywide parking violations, including parking meters, will be enforced on Tuesday, Nov. 7, unless the meter states “Exempt on Holidays.” The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations and Vehicle Storage Facility (3111 E. Willow St., between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue) will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 7. Normal business hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and holidays.
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
By City of Long Beach Office of Public Affairs and Communications